Sold!

My previous postings were written but never published. I didn’t want to jinx the sale. But it all went through! We closed March 30th (Good Friday), and the new owners took possession on Monday April 2nd. That happened to be my husband’s birthday. He will have a hard time topping that birthday gift! After 52 days of cross training, I am completely out of the business.  They have called a few times, and I expect that will occur occasionally for the next several months - which I don’t mind, but I am essentially unemployed.
What does that feel like? Hard to tell.  The first week was sort of an Atlanta staycation.  I had the car in the shop, I pressure washed the sidewalk, took Ralph, our dog on long walks. That was great.  For about 4 days.  There were two days that I didn’t have my car and Glenn was out doing his business. I thought to myself, this isn’t going to work for me.  I have been going, going, going for so many years that I am not sure how to slow down.  I am still gobbling down my meals like I only have five minutes to eat. At work, I would have the grill crew make my lunch. When it was ready, they would page me and I would grab a fork, walk onto the line and get my plate, eat it as I walked to the back, and drop my cleaned plate off at the dish washer. It could take me as little as 4 minutes to eat an entire meal.  So having all of the time that I want to eat is very strange for me.  Have you ever taken the moving sidewalks in the airport? When you first walk off of them, you almost feel like you are being thrown backwards. Next time try running on them and get off. (you probably shouldn’t really). That is how everything felt the first week.
Then a trip to the in-laws in Birmingham for a few days.  Then we flew down to San Miguel de Allende.  That is where I am right now.  I’m starting to get used to being unemployed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Under Contract

Side Trip