Under Contract

It's Sunday January 21st  and the store is under contract.  It’s contingent on the buyer getting a business loan, so we won’t know if it will go through for probably another two weeks. The waiting is driving me crazy. Strangely, a possible yes is worse than not having a buyer. Part of me wants to  fantasize about what I will do, where I’ll live etc. once the sale goes through.  The other part of me doesn’t want to jinx the sale by getting too far ahead of myself.
 So basically, my life is on hold for the next few weeks. I’ve been lying awake in bed one minute thinking about what I’ll do once the business is sold, and the next minute planning what I’m going to change this season at the store.  It’s a mental waiting room where I am waiting for the doctor to come out and give the results.
 I keep telling my husband that I’m not getting excited, that we just need to wait and see. While that sounds very rational, I have gotten excited about the possibility of selling.  But that is tinged with my angst about what will happen if we don’t sell. I’m ready for my life to get off of hold and start enjoying other things.  So is my husband as he is mostly retired and want us to do things that we cannot do while we own the store.
 We have a great life, good income, and as far as we know, good health.  That’s more than most people have, and I’m very grateful for what I have and what is available to me. But I also want to enjoy it more. I started a small list of things that can be looked at as a glass half full or a glass half empty.
We have a wonderful beach house at Saint Simons Island. I never see the house at Saint Simons Island because I’m always working.
 We want to buy a house in San Miguel de Allende.  We can’t buy a house in San Miguel while we still own the store.
I have 1,000,000 miles with Delta to fly anywhere we want to go. I can’t go anywhere for more than 5 to 7 days -  and that’s in the off-season, while we still own the store.
 I know these are all first world problems, but nonetheless it’s what I think about.  And they are still my problems. Hopefully, we can turn all of these into opportunities and the next chapter of our lives can begin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Side Trip

Sold!